An evaporative cooler can be the best choice to cool your home in Phoenix, AZ. It can lower the temperature in your home more efficiently than most standard air conditioners and do a better job maintaining a comfortable humidity level. This is especially true in arid locations like Arizona. It’s also a cheaper purchase. The downside is that evaporative coolers often require more frequent maintenance than normal air conditioners. Here are some tips to better maintain your evaporative cooler and what to look for when searching for evaporative air cooler parts in Phoenix, AZ:
- Clean the outside: A good cleaning of the exterior of the evaporative cooler will increase cooling efficiency and prolong its life. You’ll spend less time looking for evaporative air cooler parts in Phoenix, AZ. On average, you should do the cleaning once every few weeks with a soft, damp cloth while the unit is off. Don’t use any abrasive chemicals or detergents, and try to keep it out of direct sunlight.
- Replace cooling pads: For this step, you are going to need replacement evaporative air cooler parts in Phoenix, AZ. However, the cooling pads are not expensive compared to what happens if you don’t maintain your unit. You should replace the cooling pads at the beginning of every summer and during midseason maintenance. If you see any cracks, you should also replace the pads. When replacing the cooling pads, you should also wash the pad frame and retainer to remove scale and dirt.
- Maintain water levels: Evaporative air coolers work by evaporating water. Frequently checking the water levels while the unit is running will keep it cooling your home efficiently. The water should always be at the proper level, which is a little below the top of the tank.
- Water treatment: Check your unit’s owner’s manual to see if you should use water treatment tablets. They can prevent mineral buildup, control corrosion and freshen up the air if used regularly.
- Clean water tank: Before using the evaporative air cooler for the first time each season, you should clean the water tank. This goes double if you live in an area with hard water. Start by rinsing the water tank with mild, soapy water. Then, flush it all out with clean water. When you’re done, make sure the rear panel is securely fitted before resuming use.
- Turn it off: When not in use, make sure to turn off the unit. It’ll save energy and reduce the need for maintenance. When you’re done with the unit for the year, turn it off and unplug it. Make sure you turn off the water supply, and then drain it. You’ll then want to clean it before storing it in a cool, dry area.
If you’re looking for help with evaporative air cooler parts in Phoenix, AZ, we at Premier Industries Inc. can help. With our 35 years of experience, we can answer all your questions. We’re also locally owned and operated and pride ourselves on our friendly and hardworking employees. Keeping an evaporative cooler maintained can be difficult. Premier Industries Inc. has all your answers and more. Call us now for a free consultation.
Categorised in: Evaporative Cooler Parts
This post was written by Writer