SETTING THE STANDARD IN EVAPORATIVE COOLING MEDIA
KÜÜL® evaporative cooling media is manufactured in the USA by Port-A-Cool, LLC
Küül® pads are a durable and long lasting cooling media. Following are suggestions that will maximize the life and efficiency of the cooling pads.
- Port-A-Cool, LLC, recommends that the pH of the water be maintained at a level between 6 and 8. Exceeding these limits will seriously deplete the resin content of the pad and thus reduce its structural integrity.
- Remove and brush pads with a soft bristled brush and then flush system to remove debris. This should be done every 4 to 6 weeks during operating season.
- clean water distribution system is the most important aspect for maintaining the entire evaporative cooling system. This, coupled with quarterly inspection/maintenance checks, will ensure a properly operating evaporative cooling system.
- Frequently check system for damaged or clogged cooling pads.
- Minimize the number of on/off wetting cycles for the cooling pads.
- Completely dry the cooling pads once every 24 hours.
- Maintain a water bleed off rate of 3-5% per day.
- Ensure sump tank is enclosed and cleaned bi-weekly.
- Clean water filters weekly.