When the temperatures outside begin to rise, you can bet that it’s about to get toasty inside—that is, unless you prep your cooling system ahead of time for hot weather use. If your business building’s evaporative cooler is a rooftop unit or other exterior unit, then it’s very important that you take the proper steps to ensure it holds strong and to keep problems at bay all spring and summer long. But more than anything else, you want to create a cool and comfortable space for your workforce and customers.
Here’s how to get your commercial evaporative cooler parts in Phoenix, AZ ready for the hot weather:
- Get to know your cooler parts: There are some smaller parts and components that require replacement before starting up the cooler at the beginning of the new warm season. Knowing what you will need to replace can save trips up and down the ladder or stairs. And although you will probably only need to have knowledge of the visible parts of the unit, it’s a good idea to get to know all the parts.
- Safety first: If your business building has a rooftop evaporative cooler, chances are you can reach it from an inside roof access point. Otherwise, you’ll need a ladder. Make sure the ladder or permanent stairs on the side of the building are secure before you start climbing. Even better, ask someone to spot you. Don’t worry if you’re not comfortable or physically able to climb a ladder or rooftop stairs. This is why it’s a good idea to hire a professional for the job.
- Secure work tools: Along with knowing what parts you might need prior to heading up to the roof, you also need to gather the tools you will need. Pack everything into a sturdy pack for easy carrying, and make sure to secure the bag once you’re on the roof. Also, instead of tossing tools all over the place while working on the unit, set them down carefully or place them back in the bag. Once again, call a pro for maintenance or repairs you are not familiar with while fixing the unit.
- Be on alert for electrical hazards: While it’s best to use the services of a professional—especially for electrical maintenance—some building owners like to do as much of their own maintenance as possible. First, your cooler makes cool air when the fan circulates fresh water on soaked pads. That means there’s water present, and water and electricity can be a deadly combination. Above all else, turn off the power to the unit and make sure it is completely powered down before moving forward.
- Clean the unit: A clean unit means cool air and efficiency all season long. Remove debris, clean mineral buildup off exterior and interior components, remove scale buildup in hoses and install new pads. Take note of degraded parts.
If you are looking for new commercial evaporative cooler parts in Phoenix, AZ or need a professional to design and build efficient cooling equipment for your business, look no further than Premier Industries Inc. We’re here to bring cool, fresh air into your home or building. Call us as soon as possible for customized unit building services!
Categorised in: Commercial Evaporative Cooler Parts
This post was written by Writer