The frequency with which you change out the evaporative cooler pads in your home or business depends on several issues, including the usage levels of the system and the water supply you have running to the unit. The quality of your water supply will affect the lifespan of the pad, so if you know you have low-quality water in your area, it’s generally a good idea to check the pad more frequently and determine whether or not you need to replace it yet.
The brand of pad you’re using can also influence the frequency with which you’ll need to swap out the cooler pad. Two of the biggest brands in the industry are Aspen and Cellulose. Aspen cooling pads should be changed at the start of each season, or even sooner depending on the water quality and the amount of mineral deposits that have built up on the pad. Cellulose pads are designed to last a bit longer, and only need to be changed every three to five years. Your unit’s owner’s manual will also give you a sense of how often you should look into changing your pad.
Extending the life of your evaporative cooler pads in Phoenix, AZ
If you want to get more for your money when you purchase new evaporative cooler pads, there are some steps you can take to increase their lifespan so you don’t have to spend money on replacing them quite as often. Here are just a few examples of some of the methods you can use to accomplish this:
- Regularly check the water level while your unit is operating so you can see how it’s affecting the condition of your pads.
- If your evaporative cooler manufacturer recommends you do so, be sure to use water treatment tablets to help keep mineral buildup and corrosion under control. This will also have the added benefit of freshening the air when it gets pushed through your home.
- Shut down the system if it’s not in use, including turning off the water supply and draining the tank. This will prevent issues with mold or mildew and mineral buildups. Clean all filters as well before the tank is shut down for the season.
- Before you start using the system after the winter is over, you should make sure to clean out the water tank so you don’t have any issues with deposits or with the freshness of the air once you need to regularly start using the system again.
- Every few weeks, perform a quick visual inspection of the exterior of the system and give it a wipe-down if it looks like it needs it. This will help the system to operate more efficiently, which serves not only to increase the cooling efficiency but also can help you cut down on your monthly energy bills.
For more information about some of the steps you can take to enhance the lifespan of your evaporative cooler pads in Phoenix, AZ, we encourage you to contact Premier Industries Inc. today.
Categorised in: Evaporative Cooler Pads
This post was written by Writer