How Using a Swamp Cooler Can Save You Money This SummerApril 2, 2019 12:21 am Leave your thoughts
Even if your home has a traditional furnace and AC system for heating and cooling in Phoenix, AZ, it doesn’t mean you can’t save money while you stay cool this summer. Taking a second look at a swamp cooler can yield potential savings you didn’t think possible! All you need to do is look beyond the purchase price of a swamp cooler and more at the monthly efficiency figures. It’ll quickly become clear that a swamp cooler is a great investment well worth making.
Five Money-Saving Factors
Based on Arizona’s dry heat, swamp coolers represent a smart way to get the most out of a cooling system. Because they use moisture and forced air to cool, they don’t have to work as hard as a traditional AC system that manufactures cool air via refrigerant. All of this leads to several cost-saving factors:
- Based on consumer product surveys, evaporative cooling costs between 2 and 10 cents per kilowatt hour, as opposed to traditional cooling costs, which start at about 11 cents per kilowatt hour and go as high as 40 cents per kilowatt hour.
- There’s also energy savings in the form of electricity used to power a swamp cooler. Swamp coolers are far more efficient (based on climate), which means they use about 25 percent of the electricity required by AC units.
- Did you know there are rebates for evaporative cooling? That’s right! Many companies will offer rebates for the purchase of an evaporative cooling system. Just remember, there are terms subject to agreement, such as installing a thermostat-controlled evaporative cooler instead of a standalone unit.
- Evaporative cooling depends on continuous airflow through the swamp cooler. This means air is constantly recycled and reintroduced to your living space. This is much more cost effective than using ceiling fans to circulate air or having a high-efficiency air exchanger installed as part of your central HVAC system.
- Portable swamp coolers have their own brand of money-saving benefits. Not only do they offer portable relief as an alternative to cooling your entire home, they’re also extremely efficient at a small scale.
Combine these benefits and you’ve got a cooling solution that’ll save you money while keeping you comfortable all year long! And, when it comes to Arizona’s dry heat, this is an important consideration when you’re facing unruly temperatures for a majority of the year.
Get the scoop on swamp coolers
Swamp coolers come in a broad range of sizes, capacities and efficiency standards. If you’re thinking about making the investment in one, be sure to do your homework and consult with a professional. You might be surprised at how a small unit can have a big impact on your quality of life.
Likewise, it’s good to get the scoop on different models and brands, to understand the technology behind them and how it might further save you on cooling costs this summer. When it comes right down to it, a small investment in a reliable swamp cooler could be the key to unlocking big savings on heating and cooling in Phoenix, AZ.
Categorised in: Heating and Cooling
This post was written by Writer