Are evaporative coolers in Phoenix, AZ the best types of air coolers for Arizona homes and businesses? You might be wondering whether this is the right type of air cooler for you. The following is some information about evaporative coolers:
- What they are: Evaporative coolers, also known as swamp coolers, help cool down the surrounding area using evaporation. This type of cooler, which includes a fan and a water soaked pad, can be installed in a home or other building, or you can purchase a portable model.
- How they work: The way an evaporative cooler works is relatively simple. Once powered on, air passes through the moist pad and the water evaporates, which pulls heat from the air to make the air cool. This cooler, fresher air then proceeds to re-circulate through the space.
- Where they work best: Due to their cooling process, evaporative coolers will add moisture and humidity to your indoor air. This is beneficial in dry climates, but it means that evaporative coolers are less effective in climates with higher humidity. These coolers work best in areas that are very dry and hot, desert or desert-like climates—such as Arizona, New Mexico and parts of Nevada. In areas such as these, evaporative coolers are regularly just as effective as air conditioners, but without the high price tag.
- Ideal conditions: Will an evaporative cooler work for you? First, take a look at the humidity level where you live. Generally, the lower the relative humidity in your area, the more effective this type of cooler will be. As mentioned earlier, desert climates can take advantage of evaporative coolers, while East Coast areas, for example, are less than ideal conditions for them.
Ways you will benefit
Here’s a closer look at some of the benefits evaporative coolers offer. Talk to your technician to learn more about the specific benefits you might be able to enjoy in your space:
- Eco-friendly: Air conditioning units use chemicals during operation, some of which leak out into the environment. If you want to make less of an impact on the environment, then check and see if an evaporative cooler will work in your area. Another great thing about evaporative coolers is that they don’t require a lot of electricity to operate, making this type of air cooler an economical and environmentally friendly alternative to a central air conditioning system.
- Affordable installation and operation: Compared to air conditioning units, evaporative coolers are much simpler machines and less expensive to buy. They also use less electricity to operate, so you end up saving money on energy bills.
- Easy maintenance: The design of an evaporative cooler is not that complex. There’s the water pump and fan motor, two parts that can easily be replaced if needed. And aside from regular wipe-downs, there’s a lot of maintenance tasks you can do yourself, or you can plan on having your cooler professionally serviced once or twice a year.
Are you ready for a more comfortable and efficient home or workspace? Then an evaporative cooling system may be just what you’re looking for! Call Premier Industries Inc. for more information about residential, industrial or commercial evaporative coolers in Phoenix, AZ.
Categorised in: Evaporative Cooling
This post was written by Writer