While it’s only just turned into fall, winter will be here before you know it, so don’t be caught unprepared with a furnace that’s not equipped to handle the demands of the winter months. Learn the steps you should take now to help ensure a smooth experience once colder weather hits and it’s time to start using your furnace again.
Once you’ve read through the steps, if you have questions related to heating and cooling in Phoenix, AZ for your home or business, contact our experts at Premier Industries Inc. We are a locally owned and operated small business with more than 32 years of experience. We offer competitive rates and high-quality service:
- Have your furnace cleaned early in the winter: By scheduling an appointment to have your furnace cleaned long before winter arrives, you’ll likely receive faster service, as many people wait to book these appointments until just before winter starts. This will give you peace of mind that your heating system will be in good working order as winter approaches.
- Check that your thermostat is working correctly: If you discover that your thermostat is not functioning properly, this will mean that your heating system will not work as efficiently as it should. To check your thermostat’s functioning, turn it on and watch to see if it starts up quickly without any issues.
- Oil your furnace blower: The furnace blower is central to the successful functioning of your heating system. You’ll want to have it oiled once per year. The professional you hire will also check to be sure it doesn’t make any unexpected noises when the furnace starts up.
- Be sure that all heating vents are open: Take a thorough tour of your home to be sure that no furniture or other objects are obstructing the heating vents. If vents are blocked, heat will not be able to be released. Obstructions of the vents also represent a major fire hazard.
- Swap out your furnace’s air filter as necessary: If your filter is inside the furnace, make sure to turn off the power before inspecting it or replacing it. You’ll want to replace your filter every few months to keep it from accumulating debris and dirt.
- Clean out the burners: Check to be sure that your furnace’s burners are free of dust and debris before cold weather approaches. As you clean the burners, also check to be sure that they have not become misaligned and that they are free of rust.
- Examine your chimney: You’ll want to be sure your chimney doesn’t contain any debris, bird nests or other obstructions. Also, check that there are not large quantities of soot that have built up, as these can be significant fire hazards.
Haven’t had your chimney inspected in a while? It’s time to call in a professional to perform these tasks and to clean the ducts. When you’re ready to hire a professional to take care of your heating and cooling in Phoenix, AZ, the team of experts at Premier Industries, Inc., is here to help. Give us a call today to learn more!
Categorised in: Heating and Cooling
This post was written by Writer